[Network Event] Workshop in Techniques and Technologies in Drug Discovery
2 - 4 November 2019 in Mendoza, Argentina
Using a combination of lectures and group problem solving / tutorial sessions, students will learn about the various stages of involved in developing new drugs.
The topics covered will include:
• Target Identification and Validation: Molecular Biology in Medicinal Chemistry, arget-Based and Phenotypic Screening, Assay development
• Drug design: Molecular Modeling, Structure-guided Drug Design, Fragment based drug discovery, biophysical methods, Chemoinformatics
• Lead Optimization: Hit-to-Lead Process in Drug Discovery, Improving Drug Candidates by Design, Bioisosteres, Structure-Activity Relationships (SAR) and QSAR
• Physical Properties: Drug-like Properties in Drug Discovery, Toxicology in Drug Discovery, Pharmacokinetics and Drug Metabolism, Methodologies for Optimizing Drug Clearance
• Case Histories of Drug Discovery for NTDs
There will also be opportunities for students to present their own research to their peer and the external invited experts.
Patrick Steel (Durham University, UK)
Guillermo Labadie (Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina)
José Duca (Novartis)
Jan Jiricek (Novartis)
Julio Martin (GSK)
Robert Young (GSK)
Applicants are also encouraged to attend the XXII SIMPOSIO NACIONAL DE QUÍMICA ORGÁNICA (22nd National Symposium for Organic Chemistry), 5th-8th November, also at the Mendoza Conference centre.
• 15 bursaries are available from the NTD Network to support students attending this training workshop. The application deadline has now passed and the selection panel will notify successful applicants by 10 October.
• Members of the Sociedad Argentina de Investigación en Química Orgánica” (SAIQO, the Argentinian Society for Organic Chemistry), please apply for a SAIQO bursary to attend the meeting.